Bright Purple is now involved in the Bike to Work scheme which allows employees to save up to 50% on bicycles and equipment. This is made possible by the Government's Green Transport Plan which not only aims to reduce environmental pollution and promote healthier lifestyles but also make cycling to work a cost-effective option for employees.
Steven Tierney, the first Bright Purple employee to take advantage of the scheme comments ‘The bike to work scheme is a great idea that allows people the opportunity to buy a decent bike to use to travel to and from work. This is also an opportunity for free exercise and of course with it being tax free it's a lot cheaper than buying a bike in a shop. So it’s a win win situation’.
Chris Murphy has also signed up to the scheme and is currently waiting on his bike to be delivered, many more staff are looking forward to cycling to work this summer, weather permitting!
Nick Price, Managing Director ”We seem to have an Edinburgh office full of keen health enthusiast’s and as a business, Bright Purple are keen to support those staff that want to look after themselves and the environment. The company is involved in various recycling projects within the office, Bright Purple are also keen participants and proud supporters of the Edinburgh BID scheme (http://www.essentialedinburgh.co.uk/), where we are investing extra taxes along with other local businesses and Essential Edinburgh, to provide a better Edinburgh for business, tourists and our local population.”
• Save up to 50% on the cost of a new bike and equipment
• Cost is spread over 12 monthly interest free payments
• Save money on travelling costs
• After sales service from chosen bike shops
• Reduce your carbon footprint
• Lose weight and tone up
• Improve your general health and well-being
• Improve mental health and help reduce stress levels
• Look good, feel great, save money and help save the planet
• Savings on employers NI contributions (up to 12%)
• Attractive benefit for employees
• Reduce your business carbon footprint
• Staff are fitter, healthier and more productive
• Healthy staff are less likely to be absent through stress or illness
• We administer the scheme for you at no cost to your company
• Cycling to work reduces congestion and demand for parking
• Your company will be registered with Green Achiever and will be listed in the Green Achiever Business Directory